Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums

Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/index.php)
-   NC - Mountains (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   mountain riders (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6105)

Greg S 06-19-2012 06:46 PM

mountain riders

I'm looking for a seasoned rider or riders to share Sunday rides through the Western NC mountain. I have 40 years riding experience and would like someone with similar experience to ride with. My wife says no women need respond.

STRETCH 06-19-2012 10:31 PM

Re: mountain riders

first :icon_welcome:
Well I can't compare to your 40 years of riding, and I live quite a bit south of you. But I've got about 200,000 miles of riding experience. The last 160,000 miles of which have been in these hills. I will be heading up your way this Sunday if you would like to go for a ride. I was planning on riding around the Boone NC - Shady Valley TN - Independence VA area. I will likely be coming up on 221 but may ride up over Roan mtn. I should probably mention my average Sunday ride is 400ish miles but seeing as you are 100 miles north of me that probably won't be an issue.
You may also want to mention what type of bike you ride (cruiser, touring, dualsport, sport) and your personal riding style.

tireatr 06-20-2012 08:06 AM

Stretch, I would like to join you Sunday for the promised tour of backroads up to SV, but I have a committment this Sunday. My Weekends and some weekdays are free through most of July. Lets plan on doing something early in the month of July.

STRETCH 06-20-2012 07:49 PM

I'm planning on a few monday morning trips up your way in July Tireater. :scooter: Love to see some of those secret roads.

SCFJR 06-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STRETCH
I'm planning on a few monday morning trips up your way in July Tireater. :scooter: Love to see some of those secret roads.

Hijack ON

Stretch, didn't you see my PM on the free tires? You don't want them? Let me know before garbage day.

Hijack OFF
return to your riding posts. :-)

STRETCH 06-22-2012 04:21 PM

I haven't recieved any PMs for quite a while.
What condition are the tires?

OOPS
just realized my mailbox was full. My apoligies to anyone who has tried to PM me.

carolina-rider 06-23-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STRETCH
I haven't recieved any PMs for quite a while.
What condition are the tires?

OOPS
just realized my mailbox was full. My apoligies to anyone who has tried to PM me.

yeah I PM'd you a couple weeks ago about the free motorcycle, but you didn't respond, so I had to throw it away in the garbage :tease:

tireatr 06-26-2012 07:51 AM

A few pics of my excursion into Ky Saturday. Nice roads- cooler temps and lower humidity made for a perfect 415 miles day.

davbrok 06-27-2012 04:20 AM

I get out when I can. I don't have 40 yrs, but I can find my way around a road. Heading to the Dragon today.

DJacobsen510 07-10-2012 10:04 PM

I just joined to find people to ride with. I have been riding dirt for 21 years and street for 2. I may not have many years of street but I assure you I am safe, responsible rider. Anybody that wants to ride, please hit me up.