Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Thumbs up Moto GP Sunday

Guys,
Be sure to either set ya DVR or just get up early as Speed is planning to air the event LIVE at 0900or 9:00a.m. for the rest of the world....found an interesting read ..Matt take notice of this one.....

PROGRAMMING NOTE: The Portugal Grand Prix from will air LIVE on SPEED on Sunday, October 31 at 9:00am EST.

Nicky Hayden has no doubt that Valentino Rossi's switch to Ducati next year will see the nine-time world champion win races on the new GP11.

Rossi will get his first taste of the prototype machine, and the current GP10, at the post-season test in Valencia in two weeks as joins American Hayden in the red team.

"I told him before I got no doubt he can win on this bike," Hayden said.

Hayden said that he had spoken briefly to Rossi about the Ducati during the San Marino GP at Misano last month and he was now eager to see the reaction of the great Italian when he rides the bike at Valencia.

Ducati's departing star Casey Stoner has won three out of the past four GPs to prove the GP10 is again a race winner after an uncertain start to the season with front-end issues.

"I haven’t gone into detail but we have talked about it a little bit," Hayden said. "I’m sure he will ride it and make his own conclusion, but I’m interested like everybody to see what he thinks about it.

"I think it is going to be good for MotoGP and good for Ducati to get his experience. Casey has been on it a long time and he’s never ridden a different 800.”

Since Stoner transformed Ducati's MotoGP fortunes with a stunning ten-race win season to claim the 2007 world championship the red bike developed a reputation as a beast to ride, tamed only by Stoner.

But the bike has evolved -- especially this year's GP10 model with a big-bang motor -- to a smoother and more comfortable package with Hayden also posting a string of top-five results this year.

"The bike has improved a lot and they’ve done a lot of work to make it a more normal and consistent bike where it is easier to get on it and go fast and not feel so strange,” he said.

But the MotoGP world is intrigued by the verdict that Rossi will deliver when he rides the Ducati in two weeks.
This race ought to be a good one Rossi wants to win the last two of the season so it should be well worth the effort to see it!
Rod

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850