Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Motorcycle News, Special Events, Workshops, Riding Gear
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Motorcycle News, Special Events, Workshops, Riding Gear General forum for all members to post motorcycle news, motorcycle reviews, group rides, riding gear reviews and recommendation, special events, workshops, and open house events.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
jtguync

Default Squid?

You guys seem pretty geared up to call someone a squid so I want to throw this thought out for you and see what you all think. (I am not trying to start a fight. I just want some feedback.)

I RIDE WHEELIES! Am I a squid? Before you answer get the facts. I always wear a leather jacket, Draggin Jeans, Boots, Gloves and a Snell approved helmet. I am very aware of my surroundings when I bring the front tire up ie.....intersections or parking lots people can pull out of in front of me and other idiot cagers in my vicinity.

Am I more likely to get hurt badly riding a wheelie or blasting through a curve at twice the legal speed limit?

If I bust my ass riding a wheelie at 60-70mph and I am all by myself what are the chances of me sustaining life threatening injuries sliding in a straight line with not much to hit?

If I bust my ass in a mountain corner at 60-70mph and slide off of the road what will I hit? A sign? a tree? an imbankment? What are the chances of me sustaining life threatening injuries?

I want good feedback.....Pros and cons of each.

Last edited by jtguync : 07-02-2006 at 11:31 AM.